Corona time. I’m keeping the spirit up. We’re 5 at home almost all the time and it is more important than ever to stay optimistic and soft 💗 for everyones sake.
I’ve done this weeks shopping and i made it with 50 $ 😊 a whole weeks dinner planned. Have also cleaned the bathroom, kitchen and baked alot of bread for the fridge and some for a neighbor ❤️🥨🥐🥖
Everyone’s full and kitchen clean. Time for me to retire to my chamber 😌 underneath you’ll find one of my own favourite cake recipes, enjoy!
This cake is by my own recipe (offcourse) and it’s a perfect dessert to a sunday roast-dinner! I bake a couple at the time and put them in the freezer. So when sunday morning comes i just get one out before church, or anything else i might enjoy this day. And my cake will be thawed by the time for dinner.
•0.4 cup milk
•1.2 cup wheat flour
•0.8 cup sugar
•0.4 cup crushed hazelnut
•2 tsp vanilla extract
•1.5 tsp baking powder
•0.5 tsp cardamom
•1.5 tsp cinnamon
•1 pinch of salt
•1.5 peeled apple
•2 cups of love and you’re ready to go!
Do like this:
1. Melt the butter and brush your baking tin with it. Cover with breadcrumbs. The rest of the melted butter you mix with the milk. Whisk eggs and sugar light and fluffy.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients in a separate bowl then quickly stir this together with the egg/sugar.
3. Add the milk/butter to form a smooth batter and pour it in to your baking tin.
4. Add the apple slices, push them down a bit, and cover with the hazelnuts. And into the oven!
5. Whip the cream whilst the cake bake in the bottom of the oven for 35 mins. Let it cool before removing it from the tin. When cooled you dust it with icing sugar. If there is’nt any hole made by the tin, then cut a one in the middle of the beautiful cake using a small knife and fill it with the chantilly cream.